- Mechanical Screen Louvre System (22 stories high)
- Feature ‘Birds Beak’ Artwork
- Feature Piazza Architectural Ceiling
The Precinct is an iconic 22 storey apartment project which is the latest offering from the esteemed property developer Norup & Wilson. This five-star, Greenstar apartment project, one of the first residential buildings delivered to this level in the state, is the centerpiece of the Canning Bridge precinct, a $235M redevelopment by Melville Council.
The Precinct represents the second collaboration between DENMAC, artist Rick Vermey & builder BGC Construction on a Norup + Wilson Apartment project, the first being The Crest apartments in Burswood.
DENMAC delivered three packages of work on this project, each of them contributing to the highly unique and engaging look of the project:
- Mechanical Screen Louvre System (22 stories high) – DENMAC supplied and installed the mechanical screen louvre structure on the building stretching from the ground floors to the top of the building. Rather than simply installing a regular mechanical screen, DENMAC designed in conjunction with the development team a system incorporating louvre blades with a metal ‘over-skin’ pressing of various lengths to create a ‘wave’ running up the side of the building. This cost-effective solution has turned a required, functional louvre system into a something resembling an art feature on the building.
- Feature ‘Birds Beak’ Artwork designed by Rick Vermey – working closely with the renowned artist Rick Vermey and Lighting Applications, DENMAC has helped create a one-of-a-kind ‘Birds Beak’ structure for the façade of the building wrapping the complete first floor of the Canning Highway elevation. With a fully programmed lighting system installed, the Birds Beak Artwork creates a stunning entrance to the Canning Bridge Precinct.
- Feature Piazza Architectural Ceiling – DENMAC worked closely with Norup + Wilson to design a unique origami inspired feature ceiling on the ground floor of the building. The feature Piazza architectural ceiling creates a bespoke entrance statement for all parties entering the apartment complex.